Important Information Regarding Hurricane Dorian
Hurricane Dorian is expected to skirt the east coast of Florida on Wednesday, September 4 as a major Category 3 hurricane. From there, the storm is predicted to travel north along the eastern seaboard of the United States.
James Moore’s TSC team is closely monitoring this storm and will continue to verify data backups for our Managed Services Clients daily (including offsite backups).
Due to the severity of this storm and forecast path we strongly suggest that you take the following precautions when you leave your office before the storm hits:
- Clear your desks of important papers, etc. due to the possibility of water damage.
- Move electronics away from windows.
- Take home laptops in case of power outages in your area.
- Unplug all electronic devices at your desk when you leave for the day.
- Stay safe!
HURRICANE SAFTEY TIPS
Personally, you’re ready for Hurricane Dorian… but how about your business technology? It’s not too late to protect your computers and data from the impending storm. Here are some quick steps you should take NOW to minimize possible downtime due to storm damage.
- Stay in a secure room away from windows.
- Do not use the phone (landline), candles, or any open flame.
- Monitor weather and civil service bulletins on either regular or NOAA radio.
- Have supplies on hand, especially water. Also keep medicines and medical supplies close by.
- Remain indoors when the eye moves over your area, because the storm will resume shortly after it passes.
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFO
As always, please call our Help Desk for support at 800-455-5676 if you have any emergency technical issues and our team of technicians will be notified immediately.
Other helpful links include (don’t forget to check your local government and school board websites):
As always, please contact James Moore Technology Solutions Consulting if you have any questions.